Re: Using some kind of init= in Hurd

From: Manuel Menal
Subject: Re: Using some kind of init= in Hurd
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 04:21:53 +0200

Leonardo Lopes Pereira wrote:
We already have a Sysvinit replacement, it is called DMD. I know that
it is not very easy to found on the web, but it exist and is many times more flexible than most of Sysvinit replacements.

I keep a tarball of dmd on <ftp://ftp.hurdfr.org/hurdfr/projects/dmd/>.
DMD needs to be worked on, and that's a funny task to do for everyone
that knows or is interested in learning Scheme. (Anyway, you *should* be
interested in learning Scheme, it's an awesome language! ;-)

I am considering putting DMD in the hurdextras repository, although it
doesn't match the exact criteria for hurdextras (it's not Hurd-specific,
even if it was developed to be used in GNU/Hurd). Does anyone feel
strongly about that (especially, does anyone strongly disagree)?

Manuel Menal