Re: No window manager works

From: Richard Braun
Subject: Re: No window manager works
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:32:31 +0200

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:07:59AM +0300, Alexandru Popa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, thank you for your work.
>
> I am a GNU/Hurd user for some time. I read a lot of documentation dedicated
> GNU/Hurd and I use Debian GNU/Hurd K10 CDs. I also checked the GNU/Hurd live
> CD on my computer.
>
> I have the Hurd system installed on my computer and it works great except
> one thing: no window manager works.

I've been using several window managers without problems. The real problem
is to get a working X environment. I suggest you use repositories on
snapshot.debian.net such as :
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/01/18/debian/ unstable main
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/04/11/debian/ unstable main
deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/04/29/debian/ unstable main

Learn how to use the package search engine on http://snapshot.debian.net/
and you should be able to get working packages. But be aware that hurd
unstable packages are often changing, and will often be in more or less
good state. It requires some effort to keep your hurd working.

--
Richard Braun