Re: First Boot PCIE graphics install docs? (panic alloc pci memory faile

From: Roland J Rankin Jr
Subject: Re: First Boot PCIE graphics install docs? (panic alloc pci memory failed)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:41:19 -0400

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 23:23 +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 06:00:42PM -0400, Roland J Rankin Jr wrote:
> > I'm getting a
> > gnu mach 1.3
> > panic alloc pci memory failed
>
> Am I guessing correctly that you have 1 GiB of ram or more?
>

> There is a conflict between a patch that is in the Debian gnumach package
> and a patch that was installed into the main source tree to make systems
> with somewhere below 1 GiB of ram and more boot at all.  See
> <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?4818#comment3>.  Debian people: perhaps
> this patch should be removed from the Debian package for now?
>

> Regards,
>  Thomas

Yes you are correct.
I have 1.5 gig.

unasked for System specs.
Pentium 4  3.??Ghz, with Hyper threading,
1.5Gb ram. (512Mb + 1Gb)
XFX Nividia 6600 pcie with 256 Mb

I noticed you added debian-hurd to the reply list.
I hope that means that your patch question is for them, I've replied in
both just case you intended for me too.

As to the Issue at hand....

I think I've resolved to installing it on a lesser machine that just
became available, while I am trying to figure it out.

If that gives me problems and tackle the bigger box after I understand
the mechanics a bit better.

Thanks for the Reply,
Roland J Rankin Jr