Re: Hurd interconnection through linux

From: Christopher Devitt
Subject: Re: Hurd interconnection through linux
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:57:37 +0100

Hey,

I didn't use a cd, I've got debian linux on my desktop so I created a partition for hurd, then used the crosshurd package, which did the rest. As detailed in the debian installation instructions.

Chris

Donny Phillips wrote:
side question
which cd  series did you use and did you download from the debian site ?
cheers
Donny

Christopher Devitt wrote:
Hello,

I've just installed debian hurd, which was surprisingly easy, I'm now trying to figure out a way to connect it to the internet. I have a wifi network, now obviously I can't connect straight onto that, but is it possible that I connect my desktop, with hurd on it, to my laptop with an ethernet cable and use the laptop as a gateway. The laptop has debian linux on it.

Thanks

Chris.