Re: which SHELL should i do ?

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: which SHELL should i do ?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:15:20 +0200

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 07:10:09PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> i am much interested in ZSH. i was thinking of learning the ZSH
> commands and scripting as such but since my future ideas are ALL about
> HURD and nothing else (well, except doing a  programming job for
> earning) i wanted to know where time spent will be better. most Hurd
> development will be based on BASH rather than ZSH.

I don't think bash (no need to capitalise everything, it's spelled
*Hurd* not HURD) has a lot of Hurd-specific things in it (yet).  On the
other hand, I am not aware of a lot of Hurd hackers using zsh, so you
testing it on the Hurd would be welcome.  You could also add some
completions for Hurd-specific tools (like settrans, maybe) to it, and
eventually add some Hurd-specific features to it (not sure how they
would look like, though).

In general, Hurd programming should be pretty shell-agnostic, as far as
I can tell.

Michael