Re: Ethernet card Broadcom 4401

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: Ethernet card Broadcom 4401
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:38:48 +0200

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 07:50:09PM +0200, lost ecko wrote:
> I 'm a newbie on hurd i've just installed hurd on my computer (Dell
> inspiron 710m) with a kernel gnu mach 1.3. I can't find any drivers
> for my ethernet card. I've searched on the web and the archive of
> the  mailing list but nothing. Is someone know if there is a way to
> make it work with this ethernet card.

Check whether your card has been found by running "devprobe eth0".  If
this does not yield any output, your card is not supported.

GNU Mach currently uses Linux-2.0 and Donald Becker's network drivers.
If your card has a Linux-2.2 or Linux-2.4 driver available, maybe
backporting this is feasable.  Otherwise, you are probably out of luck,
sorry.

Michael