Re: about GNU Hurd

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:01:02 +0530

On 7/16/07, Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 08:21:24PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> 1st question, GNU Hurd has no ISOs. this page links to 2 GNU
> snapshots: http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/SetupGNU  but they are quite
> old and seem unusable to the person who want to become a Hurd
> developer.

What is the question?

i meant, why the GNU Hurd has no ISOs when Debian GNU/Hurd has it.
IOW, when we  are going to have offical GNU ISOs ?

> 2nd, i do not see any discussion for a package management system for
> GNU Hurd, is there any ?

archives for that list.  Discussion and development has been rather slow
over the last year or so, however, I believe.

yes, latest message was posted in Jan this year and 2nd latest was
post din Sep last year. seems like nobody is working on official
package manager.

cheers,

Michael