Re: HURD install problem

From: pietro
Subject: Re: HURD install problem
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:03:38 +0000

On Mon, 7 May 2007 23:09:24 +0200, Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@gnu.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:54:55AM -0700, Andrew Resch wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:46 +0200, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>> > At <http://hurd.gnufans.org/bin/view/Distrib/HurdOnQEMU> there are
> some
>> > instructions to create a QEMU image.  Someone should update this page:
>> > there's a lot of outdated (and even misguiding) information on it.

>   * Is it still true that we need GRUB version 0.95?

no, debian grub-disk package with grub 0.97 doesn't work. but 0.97 image
from alpha.gnu.org works. i updated the wiki to reflect that.

>   * Update to refer to K14 instead of K9 / K10.

just did it.

>     * Then drop the ``-M isapc'' thing.

this one too.

>   * Networking chapter: say that all that bridging setup is only needed
>     if you want to run network services on the QEMU system.  Otherwise,
>     for simple downloading, `apt-get'ting and so on, say that the
>     (default) network emulation is just fine for that, saving all the
>     hassles that setting up bridging (if possible at all) brings with it.

someone has already done that.

now i have some issues with apt-get update. trying to install hurd 20070731
from snapshot.debian.org doesn't fix this.

pietro.