Re: Starting out with GNU

From: Touseef Liaqat
Subject: Re: Starting out with GNU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:55:20 +0500

The easiest way to get the taste of Hurd is by using some Virtual Machine. Qemu Images of Debian/Hurd based on the K16 mini-ISO mentioned at http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20080107.211512.7ade8352.en.html.

If you wish to install yourself then make sure you use the latest build of Debian/Hurd from http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/ because most of the installation instructions are old and point to old builds.

I am new here too and using VMware to run Debian/Hurd.

Wish you best of luck.

Cheers,
Touseef