Re: Salatov's problems with Mach kernel loading

From: A.Salatov
Subject: Re: Salatov's problems with Mach kernel loading
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:51:27 +0300

Michael Banck wrote:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:11:57PM +0300, A.Salatov wrote:
Hi, I need some help with Mach kernel.
Recently I got K16 and now I has meet that Mach kernel fail during

kernel  /boot/gnumach.gz
boot

Are you trying to boot Mach on its own, or to boot the Hurd?  The former
might just panic and reboot if it doesn't have anything to do, so that'd
explain your issue.

Michael

Hi, thanks for your attention.

Are you trying to boot Mach on its own, or to boot the Hurd?

Not that, firstly I had try to load Hurd with servers and not just Mach
kernel alone, but with same result as I previusly describe, with
servers or without them. What I seen: Kernel found IDE disk and
something else, then pause for a moment and then there is quickly
displayed bunch of messages from kernel, and after that computer going
to reboot. To me, it is looked like there in kernel some thing is going
wrong and I suppose that someone will bring to me an log file from Hurd
normal loading like in Linux (I mean /var/log/syslog), if Mach have such
feature. If any one will do that, then I will be able to try understand
what problems there are, by myself, and with help of others of course.

Best regards,
A.Salatov