Re: how can i port a window manager into gnu hurd

From: massimo s.
Subject: Re: how can i port a window manager into gnu hurd
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 00:19:01 +0100

sameer rahman ha scritto:
> Hai
>
> Iam a final year btech student and my main project is to port a window
> manager in hurd. From were did i will start my project. what are the
> basic steps?

0) Install and become acquaintainced with the Hurd

1) Find a window manager you're interested in that is not known to run
in Hurd (Tip: a lot of WM already run in Hurd, more or less)

2) Try to compile it on Hurd

3) If it doesn't work, try to see what could be wrong, try to patch it
and eventually ask for help.

4) Release patches upstream and a .deb package if possible.

That are the basic steps I can think about :)

m.