Re: error while running cvs

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: error while running cvs
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:16:02 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 06:40:49AM -0700, Bharath Kumar wrote:

>   I am receiving the following messages after i try to run the
>   following cvs command
>
>  #cvs -z3 -d:ext:username@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/hurd co hurd r
> zhengda-soc2008-virt-branch
[...]

Hm... Where did you get that command from?

the "username" bit is obviously a placeholder for your account. However,
I assume that you don't have an account for the Hurd CVS so far; so what
you really want is annonymous CVS. This is explained at:

   http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=hurd

BTW, the above command seems wrong anyways: AFAIK all options must go
first, i.e. the branch (-r zhengda-soc2008-virt-branch) must go before
the module name (hurd)...

So, the correct command is:

   cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/hurd co -r
zhengda-soc2008-virt-branch hurd