Re: grub2 gnu/hurd

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: grub2 gnu/hurd
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:40 +0100

Hello,

ptaylor, le Sat 12 Dec 2009 17:36:06 +0000, a écrit :
> The major one is how to get gnu/hurd booted from grub2, the machine in
> question runs ubuntu 9.10, with all latest updates.

I've just added a page about grub2 on the wiki, which should appear on

http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/grub2.html

sooner or later.

> Secondly, does gnu/hurd have any specific partition size needs or
> requirements.?

Size is just like for debian: count at least 500MB for a basic
installation, 1GB should be better.

Remember that to format it, pass -o hurd to mke2fs, to choose
appropriate parameters.

Samuel