Re: Hurd restarts immediately after grub2

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Hurd restarts immediately after grub2
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:05:49 +0200

Hello!

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:48:07AM +0100, Tony Olagbaiye wrote:
> I'm not quite sure of that, I'll find out later today, but after several
> attempts I realised that it was not in fact hurd that was causing the
> problem. As soon as i tried a grub 0.97 cd and booted from there, everything
> worked fine. Does Grub2 not support the hurd multiboot yet?

It does.  But at some point, there was a change in GRUB2's multiboot
code, and everything that previously read:

    multiboot /boot/foo
    module /boot/bar arg1 arg2

... would now have to read:

    multiboot /boot/foo foo
    multiboot /boot/bar bar arg1 arg2

Can you confirm that GRUB2 is able to boot your GNU/Hurd system an
equivalent change?

Regards,
 Thomas