Re: forwarded proposal to finance some hurd work

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: forwarded proposal to finance some hurd work
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:33:24 +0200

Hallo!

(I'm assuming you're somewhat familiar with the Google Summer of Code; if
not please say so.)  For the GSoC, we got more good applications than we
can accept (which is obviously limited by Google).  My idea is that we
could perhaps use the money Tanguy is offering for paying another GSoC
project on our own?  It's less than what Google would be paying (so we
may need to adjust what we expect from the student), but it's still more
than getting nothing -- so, either a student is interested in this deal,
or not.  What do you think?

We'd only need to figure out a method to do this in a legally/fiscally
clean fashion.

Perhaps using some of the general bounty systems -- ``code something, get
some money for it'' -- could be used.

Grüße,
 Thomas