Re: virtual box

From: Richard Braun
Subject: Re: virtual box
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:37:16 +0200

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 08:23:03PM -0500, Oz wrote:
> can debian gnu/hurd run in virtual box?  I am running ubuntu on a custom
> built desktop as the host and would like to run debian gnu/hurd as a guest
> in virtual box.  I am not very computer savy, i have heard kvm/qemu is a
> bit tougher to use so i would perfer using virtual box if possible.  Just
> wondering if anyone is running it in that manner.

It does run fine. Booting is a bit long (between one and three minutes)
because of some hardware probing issue, and you may think the system is
frozen, but it's not. Also, as it doesn't support the guest extensions,
you'll likely experience time skews (gaah). Other than that, it's fine.

--
Richard Braun