Google Summer of Code 2013 (was: Project idea link on the wiki)

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Google Summer of Code 2013 (was: Project idea link on the wiki)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:03:16 +0200

Hi!

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:53:01 +0100, I wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:33:58 +0100, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@gnu.org>
> wrote:
> > Richard Braun, le Tue 26 Mar 2013 14:02:32 +0100, a écrit :
> > > The current path to reach the project ideas page on the wiki is through
> > > the Contributing page, and then the project ideas link inside the first
> > > block. I think we should improve that and do something similar to what
> > > is done for the open issues : create a link in the side menu, right next
> > > to open issues. I believe it's even more important now that the GSoC is
> > > about to start.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> Yep, as soon as the GSoC is actually running and we have polished our
> project ideas page some more, I'll do as I have done every year; see
> commit be030843d9bea240006e8dbdc423e38fbf4039f1, for example.

Now done in commit a2cd1c245297f5f4f64dd77b5bbaee4f22353ee7,
<http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2013-04-23.html>:

| The Google Summer of Code 2013 is on! If you're a student, consider
| applying for a GNU Hurd project -- details to be found on our GSoC
| page, <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc.html>.

Also, one Debian GNU/Hurd task, »Debian GNU/Hurd Debianish
initialization«, is listed on
<http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#Debian_GNU.2FHurd_Debianish_initialization>.

Please spread the word; I already have done so on Google+:
<https://plus.google.com/114942488385711891227/posts/9SsfDPi3CBh>.

Grüße,
 Thomas