Re: link local addresses - possible routing bug?

From: Jonathan Proulx
Subject: Re: link local addresses - possible routing bug?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:00:51 -0400

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:
> Jonathan Proulx, le Sat 21 Sep 2013 22:15:07 -0400, a écrit :
>> It seems hurd is sending link local traffic (169.254/16) to it's
>> default gateway in violation of RFC 3927.
>
> Well, the pfinet stack predates that standard, so it's entirely
> possible that it wasn't updated to follow RFC3927 :)

Fair enough. Saves me figuring out what I did wrong :)

Since I know the "real" IP of the system providing the service I want
in my own openstack I can just use that at the expense of image
portability to EC2 or other public clouds with similar services, but
since I had no intention of doing that...

Thanks,
-Jon