Ssh doesn't want to reuse ttys

From: James Haggerty
Subject: Ssh doesn't want to reuse ttys
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 08:29:55 +1100

Hi,

Trying to understand how translators should work.

I've noticed that every time I login to an ssh session I get another /hurd/term process on a new device. Now, of course, an ls /dev then gave me a large number of term processes, but this still feels messy... and there's apparently no easy way to cull unused translators (device or resource busy?). I guess they can just happily sit there, but I would still like ssh to reuuse an existing unoccupied /dev/tty* before it starts a new translator.

Thoughts? What am I missing?

James.