Re: HELP : Error while building gnumach

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: HELP : Error while building gnumach
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:57:03 +0200

Hi!

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 23:35:41 +0530, vibi sreenivasan <mail.vibi@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to build gnumach from git repo as per the instructions in
> https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/microkernel/mach/gnumach/building.html

> [...]
> checking for i686-unknown-linux-gnu-mig... no
> checking for mig... no
> configure: error: The MiG generator is required to build GNU Mach
>

> But link says that after configure, we have to install headers & then
> compile mig.
>
> Please let me know what  i am doing wrong.

This is due to:

    commit b28e05e203e0739fa5db59c5af378b29eea7a232
    Author: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
    Date:   Fri Apr 25 20:39:23 2014 +0200

        Make sure mig is available

        * configure.ac (MIG): Error out if MiG was not found.

We either have to update the instructions (first configure with »MIG=:«
(untested), then have to re-configure once MIG has been built), or revert
that commit.

Grüße,
 Thomas