Re: Hurd from scratch?

From: Peter Wiehe
Subject: Re: Hurd from scratch?
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 00:07:54 +0200

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote on Di., 5. Juli 2022 23:57:
...you can get details of the
gnumach/hurd/glibc/gcc bootstrap dance in the cross-compilation
documentation, it's basically the beginning of Hurd-from-scratch. Once
you have gnumach/hurd/glibc/gcc done, the rest should be extremely
similar to Linux-from-scratch, since in both cases it's just the GNU
system, whatever the kernel :)

Thanks! That looks like a do-able plan. I will try to do that. And if/when I succeed I will know from my own experience then if a complete docu text about Hurd from scratch is useful or not.

Greetings
Peter Wiehe