help-libidn

Please review libunistring code (libidn2)

From: Tim Ruehsen
Subject: Please review libunistring code (libidn2)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:17:40 +0100

Hi,

I created a branch 'link-libunistring' on Gitlab to use libunistring from
libidn2: https://gitlab.com/rockdaboot/libidn2/tree/link-libunistring

It removes some stuff from the repo and introduces
/bootstrap && ./configure build preparation (see README-alpha).

There is an issue with libunistring0 on Debian - it is in fact just
libunistring 0.9.3 which does not hold the uc_joining* functions and has a bug
regarding BIDI (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=846199).
That is why two tests from tests/test-lookup.c fail.

To locally test/work on it:
git clone https://gitlab.com/rockdaboot/libidn2
cd libidn2
git checkout link-libunistring

Please review and comment.

Regards, Tim

P.S.: In the meantime, I further work on the tr46 branch... compilable code is
there, but needs some test code as well.