help-libtasn1

Re: [Patch] Fixes for Android's Bionic libc in x86

From: Andoni Morales
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fixes for Android's Bionic libc in x86
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:14:54 +0100

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/15/2013 04:09 PM, Andoni Morales wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The attached patches were required to successfully compile libtasn1
>> with the Android NDK for x86. This bugs where not triggered with the
>> ARM target though.
>

> Hello Andoni,
>  I've applied them. I'm curious how do you port libtasn1 to android. Did
> you use Androgenizer?

Hi Nikos,

We are using cerbero, a multi-platform build system we wrote to build
the GStreamer SDK. We though in a first instance to use Androgenizer
for the Android port, but it requires modifying the original build
system, which is a pain to maintain afterwards. With cerbero, we only
needed to configure cerbero to use the Android NDK's toolchain,
allowing us to reuse the original build systems (most of them
autotools or CMake) as we do for the Windows x86 and x86_64 builds
with MinGW.

You can easily setup a developing environment for Android (ARM or x86)
in a very few steps (or even a one for Windows x86 and x86_64 if you
need it for cross-compilation or native).

1) Get a copy of cerbero
$ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero

2) Bootstrap (This downloads the toolchain and setup your system with
all the required elements to start the build)
$ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android-x86.cbc bootstrap

3) Build recipes
$ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android-x86.cbc build libtasn1

There is also a shell command that you can use if you want to hack on
a project instead of building the recipe
$ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-android-x86.cbc shell
And then the use the regular process of autogen+configure+make

You can find more documentation here:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero

Cheers,
Andoni