help-liquidwar6

[Help-liquidwar6] Release 0.0.5beta

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Help-liquidwar6] Release 0.0.5beta
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 00:21:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

In short: this one is playable.

No network, many missing features but... take a look at the cool
screenshot of a "wrapped" map in action ("Fishy", by Kasper) ->

http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/images/liquidwar6-screenshot-fishy-20081220.jpeg

The ms-windows binary is being compiled at the time I'm writing these
lines, will package it ASAP. Source code available right now on:

http://www.ufoot.org/download/liquidwar/v6/0.0.5beta/liquidwar6-0.0.5beta.tar.gz

Savannah download will follow as soon it's uploaded/synchronized.

Enjoy!

ufoot.

PS: just a note, I skipped a bunch of stuff to have this released before
end of 2008. I let  lot of stuff along the road, including cool layer
features which would allow lots of creativity when drawing maps, and, and,
what's more, there's no music support (ooops, sorry Tim :-/) but don't
worry, this will come with time. As I wrote in the 'NEWS' file, my new
top-level priority is to get network games to work.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/