help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 20:57:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, December 29, 2009 12:30 am, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> Hello again
>
> I didn't have much energy this month, but I belive I'm going to wake up a
> bit now. I have some almost-but-not-quite finished stuff for LW6. But one
> thing I have finished is collecting the all the fighter-eyecandy
> suggestions
> into one document:
>
> http://www.kasperhviid.dk/lw6-eyecandy.html
Awesome synthetic view of the problems. Thanks for putting this down on
(virtual!) paper, it's nice to have this base to talk about. I feel it
summurizes pretty much any significant idea we had. Anyone sees something
missing? I don't.

> The hard choice is what eyecandy style to select.
;)

> Another thing I did finish:
>
> I have tried to play with gl-floating-const.xml to make it look a bit like
> the fictive screenshot submitted by Tim.
Cool! I'll commit this ASAP.

> For some reason, I suddenly couldn't get gauge-max-health-angle to display
> any gradient.
Yeah, broken code, feature disappeared, oops :( Kind of complicated to
explain it here, but I factorized stuff to gain lines of code, and I
over-simplified stuff and the gradient isn't any more. I might make it
come back but I don't consider this high priority.

> Maybe the HUD should display player names as well? It will be a bit
> important once we have online play.
Yes, maybe. But it can get complicated. What do you do if several players
share a color? Display all names? Tricky. The best option I think of is to
display the name along with the cursor.

> my local library had it. In danish!
Cool! I hope the Danish translation is good.

> What is next? I'm looking a bit at menu layout, I have found a program
> called Manga Studio which will make symmetrical cursor design quite easy,
> but there is also that promotion video, and the extra levels will also
> need
> some xml files .. and I would *really* like to play a bit with the new
> toys
> glue, boost, danger and medicine.
Yeah. I hope to be able to make significant hacks in the next weeks. Stay
tuned.

> More important, 2009 is moving towards its end. Happy new year!
Happy new (liquid!) year everyone,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://deca.ufoot.org ___ __/\__