help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some Liquid War 6 news

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some Liquid War 6 news
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 00:38:58 +0200

Network
-------

Thanks for the update about the network status. Big topic indeed!

As I understands it, you intend to let the games internal network
architecture be reflected in the interface: Since the network is based
on Nodes, the concept of Nodes is used in the interface too.

So instead of joining a game called Evil666livE, the player connects
to a Node called Peter48 to which he can see that 3 other Nodes are
connected (which indicates that a game is running)

Criticism: It is way more standarized to simply use Create Game / Join Game.

On the other hand - I like the idea of keeping the upper interface
close to the way the software actually operates. Also, it seems very
web 2.0 that you don't join a game, but instead connects to some other
players.

I have to think a bit about which Node selects the maps.

I guess the Nodes will be presented as a spreadsheet. Something like:
Name | Ping | Connected nodes | Game Type | Password | Comments

 Misc
 ----

 Each color is now an individual team. Maybe we should drop the
level-defined cursors, and let each color-team have their own?

Thanks for the tip about The Art of Game Design - it should be on its way no.

Home page
---------

I have tried going in various directions. There is still a lot of time
left before deadline, but I'd like to hear what you think so far.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WE6Q5AV

The .zip file contains three layouts:

"lw6-homepage - BW1"
 - Pure black and white. (early version, so old links)

"lw6-homepage - BW7 - links"
 - I tried using a greyscale theme.

"lw6-homepage - BW11 - adjust2"
 - I got the idea of using all the colors in the palette, so that no
color is dominating.