help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] contribute

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] contribute
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:32:03 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the message. This is indeed the right place for LW6
collaboration.

Cooperating? Sure!

Just to describe the current situation: I badly like time to implement
stuff, but I'm still (!) hacking arround on the game, check out the
develop branch on git, it does have some "not so late" commits.

I'm currently debugging the network code, I still, after all these
years, believe a strong network stack is the key of fun in LW6, even if
local play is still fun.

I initially promised myself that game would be out with complete network
code in 2014, but I had lots (lots) of work at my job (the one that pays
the bills) so well, postponed for 2015.

It's a good idea to exchange ideas here, while it's not a lacking
resource (I do also have a ton of them!) there can't be enough of them.

As far as forking is concerned, yes you can, as long as you respect
GPLv3 and in that case it would be (but this, you're not offcially
required to, but I strongly encourage) nice to use a proper git branch,
so that we can pull/push commits together. Most of the code is quite
stable by now but I might change some stuff radically from time to time.
Your mileage may vary, I like code when it's free, like men ;)

FYI there's already an alpha concept of "experience" in LW6 that is used
to unlock levels and offer power-ups. It could give new liquid
properties as well. Balancing a game is passionating.

Have a nice day,

Christian.