Re: Generated Makefiles and multi-arch builds

From: Sankaranarayanan K V
Subject: Re: Generated Makefiles and multi-arch builds
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:45:17 +0530

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 11:11:28AM +0530, Sankaranarayanan K V wrote:

[[ On multi-arch builds using Paul Smith's method and using that scheme
   together with Makefile generation. ]]

> Instead of
>
>   Makefile: ;
>
> in the target.mk file, I tried to put:
>
>   Makefile: Makefile.in
>             cp Makefile.in Makefile
>
> and things stop working.
>
> The lines above cause the following
>
>   % :: ;
>
> rule to get fired.
>
> Is there a way out?

The catch-all rule was being invoked for Makefile.in as well.
I have put a rule:

  Makefile.in: ;

to prevent that and things are working fine.

I hope this is the correct way to do it.

Regards
Sankar

--
Sankaranarayanan K. V.          | address@hidden