Re: Help for precompiled Dos version

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Help for precompiled Dos version
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:32:32 -0400

%% "Chabukswar, Rajshree A" <address@hidden> writes:

  cra> I was trying to download the pre compiled dos version of GNU
  cra> make, but not able to do that. Can you send me some information
  cra> about it?

The GNU project doesn't generally provide precompiled versions of any of
their tools, so I don't know where you're trying to download it from,
but you should contact whomever is associated with that site for help
with it.

  cra> Also, I have downloaded the source, but not able to set
  cra> it up for Dos/Windows environment. Can you give me some help?

The information you need is contained in the README.DOS file for
building a DOS-based version, or README.W32 for building a
Windows32-based version.

If you can't understand something in those files, please ask _specific_
questions stating the version of GNU make you're using, the environment
you have, and the exact problem you're having (commands you typed, error
messages you got--exact messages; please don't paraphrase--etc.) and
we'll try to help.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/