RE: issue with TCSH and gmake

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: issue with TCSH and gmake
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:44:10 -0400

%% "Asperheim, Eric" <address@hidden> writes:

  ae> It's just the syntax of the while command in c or tc shell:

  ae> while (expression)
  ae>   command(s)
  ae> end

  ae> and your suggestion, unfortunately, doesn't work. Plus, I really
  ae> don't want to switch to sh shell since our group uses c/tc shell,
  ae> i.e. I'd rather stick with the simple script.

Well, ultimately this is a shell script question not a make question,
and since you can probably count the number of make users using csh or
tcsh in their makefiles on one hand :), you're probably better off
asking on a shell programming mailing list or newsgroup.

Sorry I can't be of more help; maybe someone else here knows more about
csh syntax and can say how to properly write a while loop all in one
line.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/