problem building make solaris 2.6/make 3.79.1

From: SHolden
Subject: problem building make solaris 2.6/make 3.79.1
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:08:35 -0400

Hi,
I was trying to build make 3.79.1 on a  Solaris 2.6 (105181-09) machine. I am using the Sun Workshop C compiler version 4.2. I do not get any errors when I run "./configure", or when I run "make".  After the compile is finished I have an executable but when I run it all it does is produce a segmentation fault and core dumps. I am at a loss as to what may be the problem and was hoping maybe you could help me.

thanks
Sean