Re: how to declare dependency over every files under current directory?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: how to declare dependency over every files under current directory?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:33:43 -0400

%% Jack Zhou <address@hidden> writes:

  jz> Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough, what I meant is
  jz> dependency over every .class files under directory, these files
  jz> may be in sub directories of current directory.  If they are all
  jz> under directory, I can simply use wildcard function.  The tricky
  jz> part is if they are in arbitary subdirectories, I don't know how
  jz> to do this.  Please advise, thanks.

SOURCES := $(shell find . -name '*.class' -print)

  jz> --- address@hidden wrote:

  >> If by class files you mean .class file you could do
  >> something like
  >>
  >> SOURCES = $(shell ls -1 *.jav  2> /dev/null )

In general you never want to use "=" with expensive functions like
$(shell ...).  Always use :=, unless you really have a specific need for
"=".

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/