RE: Using GNU Make with LSF

From: Nestor Amaya
Subject: RE: Using GNU Make with LSF
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:38:01 -0400

Hi Paul,

LSF's make tool is licensed under "FlexLM". This means that it is
node-locked, so we have to pay for every machine that it runs on (+30 in our
case). Furthermore, they have not provided us with the source code (although
we have not yet requested it).

Perhaps you can point me to the GPL, and I can have a look to see if they
are in violation of it. If so, what should I do next? I don't want to see
LSF profit from the work of people like you.

Thank you,

Nestor