Problems with make 3.79

From: Steven Lane
Subject: Problems with make 3.79
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 09:01:29 -0600

I've just installed make 3.79 and it seems to have trouble finding
makefiles and targets. It can't find a makefile by any of the default three
names in the current directory -- just comes back and says no makefiles
found. If I force it with -f Makefile, it will work, but seems to fail
again when trying to build sub-makefiles, saying it can't find certain
targets that are clearly there. So somehow it seems to be failing to find
makefiles under the default name.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

-- sgl

Steve Lane
Vice President
Chris Moyer Consulting, Inc.