Re: Observations on build of 'make-3.80' on Debian

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Observations on build of 'make-3.80' on Debian
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:13:30 -0500

I have never had a problem building the tar ball distributed on the GNU
ftp site on my Debian, Red Hat, Solaris, etc. boxes with no autotools at
all installed.

Please try building the distribution on the GNU ftp site directly, using
the commands that you specified (make && make test && make install), and
let me know if you continue to have this problem.

If the distribution on the FTP site works, you will need to file a bug
in the Debian BTS, as this is not a GNU make issue but rather a problem
with the Debian packaging.

Thanks...