Recursive rules

From: Mike Gray
Subject: Recursive rules
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:03:45 +1100

Hi de hi,
I'm trying to write a make file to look after a website. I work on a copy on my home machine, then ftp up any updates on a regular basis. All my .html files are generated from .txt files, located in a txt directory underneath the html dir, and are in a large number of nested directories e.g.
A/B/C/d.html is generated from A/B/C/txt/d.txt

I've been looking thru the documentation, but I can't find an obvoius way of writing that dependancy (I'd prefer to have just one rule, since they all follow the same pattern).

I'd also like a way of working out all the html files which have changed since I last updated the live site; something which recurses down thru the directories, checking the files date against the last update date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   All the best,
       mikeg

Mike Gray     address@hidden (h) address@hidden (w)