Re: Have make run shell comand but not in a target

From: Jens Schweikhardt
Subject: Re: Have make run shell comand but not in a target
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:34:55 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:23:02AM +0100, Yanghui Bian wrote:
# Hello,
# In my make file, I need to include the sub makefile which
# is in CVS system. I write it as fllows:
# $(shell cvs co my_test)
# include ./my_test/Makefile
#
# It works fine. But I want make to echo the command "cvs co my_test"
# result as I run in shell.

I'm not sure I understand what you want, exactly. Maybe this (untested):

        $(shell echo "cvs co my_test"; cvs co my_test)

Regards,

        Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.schweikhardt.net/