Makefile translation from Solaris to Linux

From: Robin Clark
Subject: Makefile translation from Solaris to Linux
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:27:14 -0800 (PST)

I have a line in a Solaris Imakefile that will set the
variable "SRCS.cpp" to contain the filenames of all of
the files with a cpp suffix in the current directory:

SRCS.cpp: sh =if [ -f *.cpp ]; then ls *.cpp; fi

This statement does not give the same results when
used in Linux.  I think that gnu make is much more
sophisticated than the make utility I am using in
Solaris.

I see in the manual that you can use the wildcard
function to obtain similar results.  If I use the
syntax

SRCS.cpp: $(wildcard *.cpp)

will I get the correct results?

I am sorry to ask this question without trying it, but
I do not have access to the Linux machine presently.

Thank you so much for your help!