Re: cleaning up built-in rules.

From: Tristan Van Berkom
Subject: Re: cleaning up built-in rules.
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:30:18 -0500

Martin d'Anjou wrote:
Tristan,

Sorry for the slow response time.

No problem :-)

I think I found the thread that lead me to the solution below, including the explanatiion about the double colon rules:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-make/2002-11/msg00060.html

Thanks,
   I had missed this one:

%:RCS/%

from reading that thread, I found that some people are using double
colon rules while others are using single colon rules, basicly I think
its the same thing only since they are "terminal" (they dont provide
commands), double colon rules are a means of providing multiple
rules for the same pattern of target (but different prerequisites).

Cheers,
                                     -Tristan