looking for debugging tips

From: maman yonatan
Subject: looking for debugging tips
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 05:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi
     I have some questions about techniques of
debugging makefiles.

I want to build a large project. It includes several
sub project each has a makefile.

I tries to build it and I encounter with problems
which I  fix manually.

I would like to know

1) what techniques I could use in order to help me to
debug those make files.

2) is there something a tool that can analyze
(statically, without running make) my project and warn
me on problematics lines in the make files.

3) is there any debugger or something like that that
can  help me debug the makefile.

10x in advance

Yonatan