error 127, but the command and path are valid

From: Geronimo Ma. Hernandez
Subject: error 127, but the command and path are valid
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:32:08 +0200

Hello,

I tried to workout a Makefile and I get the following error:

$ make system
\
/tools/scripts/system_creatingdirs.sh
make: /tools/scripts/system_creatingdirs.sh: Command not found
make: *** [system_creatingdirs] Error 127
$ /tools/scripts/system_creatingdirs.sh
$

The shellscript exists in the path and is accessible and executable, as well
as all directories in the path.
The error happens in a chroot-jail, but I think as the lines above shown, the
execution of the script works without error.

How could I get rid of the error?
Where to look for?
I'm trapped without any further idea.

Any hint is welcome.