Re: question

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: question
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:40:27 -0400

%% Regarding question; you wrote:

  n> I want to install crossGCC in the SCO UNIX. How can I inhibit the
  n> UNIXMAKE, and when I make, it is calling the GNUMAKE not the
  n> UNIXMAKE.

First, please choose one mailing list and send your question to that
one instead of all of them.  In this case, the address@hidden list is
appropriate.

Second, please choose an informative subject line: a subject of
"question" is not a good subject.  In this age of nonstop SPAM we have
to filter all messages to our mailing lists, and when a message comes in
with a subject like "question" it's very likely to be considered SPAM
and deleted without being read.

Third, I'm not quite sure I understand your question but if I do, you
have to put the pathname to the GNU make you installed in your PATH
_before_ the pathname to the standard make.

So, if you used the default configuration and installation GNU make will
be put into /usr/local/bin and you need that on your PATH before
/usr/bin, where the default make lives.