Re: What Commands is this Makefile Calling?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: What Commands is this Makefile Calling?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:21:01 -0400

%% address@hidden writes:

  m> I need to know what commands, exactly, the makefile is calling, but
  m> unfortunately the following wasn't helpful:

  m>    address@hidden:~/debian-installer/debian-installer-20041012/build$
  m> DEB_HOST_ARCH=powerpc make -n build_powerpc_netboot
  m>    install -d ./stamps/
  m>    make --no-print-directory _build SUBARCH=powerpc MEDIUM=netboot FLAVOUR=

That means that your makefile is not correctly structured.

You are invoking a recursive make but you have just plain "make" in the
command script.  You should be using the MAKE variable, $(MAKE), instead
of "make".

Alternatively you can prefix the command script with a "+" character.

See the GNU make manual for more info.