Re: generate automatic dependencies

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: generate automatic dependencies
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:12:26 -0500

I'm not sure if it's still around, but there used to be something called "makedepend" or
"makedepends".  Try googling for that.

HTH,
Noel

Torsten Mohr wrote:

Hi,

i have a small project where i let the automaic dependencies
be generated automatically.

The project is written in C for an embedded compiler that
does not support dependency generation.

So i generate the dependency files and the included files
with a perl script, just scanning for '#include "name.h"'.

But the perl script does NOT replace the complete
C preprocessor.

Can anybody give me a hint on a perl or python script that
takes over some more functionality of the C preprocessor?
Some things like:

#if ABC > DEF
#include "file.h"
#endif

I don't want to let the dependencies be generated with
_another_ compiler that i (and the other people working on
the project) need to install.

Best regards,
Torsten.