Re: Problem with relative path in rule

From: Torleif Sandnes
Subject: Re: Problem with relative path in rule
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:49:29 +0200

The rule you give above isn't a complete rule: it's just a prerequisite
declaration.  Make still needs to find an actual rule.  After make finds
the ../../utilities/util.c file, it looks for ../utilities/util.c.  So,
there is another prerequisite declaration in your makefile somewhere
that has util.o depending on ../utilities/util.c, or maybe a complete
rule.  It might be a pattern rule but I don't think so given the debug
output.

Thanks.

The problem seemed to sort itself out (kind of).
Moving the entire project to another directory and starting make again worked fine. I take this to mean there was no problem with my makefile. Rather, I think it may be a problem with the mingw make (v. 3.80).

The directory I originally built the project from was:
C:\Documents and Settings\hwigtil\my documents\eclipse\avrstudio\test\data\program\aprogramwithlongpath\default

Torleif