Re: help

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: help
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:30:09 -0400

Please be careful to use an informative subject line when sending to
mailing lists.  Because of rampant spamming, almost every mailing list
has to perform some sort of moderating and typically the last resort is
for someone to go through the messages and approve them.  Often the
moderator will base the "spam/no spam" decision mainly on the subject
line, and a subject like "help" is going to get tossed as often as it
gets through.  FYI, thanks!

%% Stefano Grimaldi <address@hidden> writes:

  sg> I have cpp files under a folder c:/Temp/scr and I would like to build .d
  sg> and .o files under a sub folder

  sg> c:/Temp/src/_BuildFiles

  sg> There is a way to write the rule for the .o file in order to have
  sg> .cpp and ..o files in different folders?

Use pattern rules, like:

  _BuildFiles/%.o : %.c
            $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ -c $<