Re: GUILE?

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: GUILE?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:24:44 +0200

Hi,

>   tm> The thread ended then, are plans to embed a script language dead?
>
> Not at all.  This is still definitely planned
>
>   tm> Or are there activities to do this?
>
> There have been some basic attempts.  Integrating Guile at a basic level
> isn't that hard, but also is only marginally more useful than $(shell
> ...) for example.  The real question is what kinds of integrations with
> GNU make "internals" we want to allow, and that discussion hasn't been
> held yet.

Would it be a good idea to first implement guile "just as it is"?
I see some benefits for me in this, as i could start to write some
functions in guile and get known to it.  Making more internals of
"make" available to guile could maybe be added later?

Also, some $(shell ) incompatibilities could be worked around.

Best  regards,
Torsten.