Object Generation in different directory using implicit rules

From: Prasad, Jagadish
Subject: Object Generation in different directory using implicit rules
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:00:59 -0500

All,

I am currently trying to create objects in a different directory other than source and using implicit rules. I am having some trouble with it. Wondering if you can help me on this. Please note I can compile objects in the same directory as sources fine. Thanks in Advance.

-Jagdish

Make Version: 3.81

OS: WinXP

Depend file:

$(OBJ_DIR)/foo.o: $(SRC_DIR)/foo.c $(SRC_DIR)/foo.h …

$(OBJ_DIR)/foo1.o: $(SRC_DIR)/foo1.c $(SRC_DIR)/foo.h $(SRC_DIR)/foo1.h …

SRC_DIR = /foo/bar/src

OBJ_DIR = /other/objdir/obj

OBJ_LIST = foo.o foo1.o …

#SUFIX FULE

#.c.obj:  <= This works fine if the objects and sources are in same directory

$(OBJ_DIR)/%.o: %.c

            $(CC) ….