Re: My second Makefile.jme, HELP!!

From: Cédric Lucantis
Subject: Re: My second Makefile.jme, HELP!!
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:49:45 +0100

Le mercredi 14 mars 2007 23:07, Jamiil Abduqadir a écrit :
> I am very confused with this Makefile bussiness.
> When compiling it tells me that:
> g++ -Wall -ggdb3 -ansi `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags`  -c main.cpp
> g++ -Wall -ggdb3 -ansi `pkg-config gtkmm-2.4 --cflags`  -c
> g++: no input files
> make: *** [jaime.o] Error 1
> I have attached a copy of the Makefile in question, please, please,
> somebody tell me what I am doing wrong!!

JAIME.H     = jaime.hpp
JAIME.C     = jaime.cpp

you declare JAIME.C and use JAIME_C later. make doesn't complain about
undefined variables and expand them to an empty string.
The --warn-undefined-variables parameter is useful to debug this. Also note
that - as sais in the docs - characters other than letters, digits and
underscores should be avoided in variable names.

--
Cédric Lucantis