how to instruct make to read already prepared rules database..

From: Divakar Venkata \(divvenka\)
Subject: how to instruct make to read already prepared rules database..
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:08:46 +0530

Hi,

We use non-recursive make system. For reading all makefiles
from different directories and creating rules, make is consuming
~500MB RAM and take about 12-15mins. We have about 4 to 5
different targets per build which needs to be run sequentially.

Is there a way to instruct make to read already created rules database
or
in other words read file created with "gmake --question -p > file_name" and
run from there.

TIA
Divakar